Yeah! I know it’s very typical broken hearted say we don’t believe in Saint Valentine’s day, but in my case, I’ve always found this celebration a bit stupid, as most theme days such as gay pride, woman’s day, Mother’s day…and all that crap. What about the Single’s day, the Straight day or the Unemployed’s day?
Anyway, isn’t love or a relationship, including friendship, something you gotta celebrate and take care of every single day? Why do you have to give a present to your beloved ones on a certain day? Consumerism and marketing long time ago turned love into business and cash making and that’s sad. I’m quite convinced human being tends to consider Love as something superficial, and relationships are treated in a very frivolous way. People don’t stand each other but at the same time commit to other people, acquire responsibilities such as mortgages, kids and other stuff, to end up getting sick of the one you’re sharing your bed and life with, and sending them to hell, with lots of consequences.
Once this said, I must admit I’m kinda romantic type, with all the innocence included, who believes in LOVE, no matter I’ve been screwed up a few times, and still have illusion. I know it will take time, I’ve been hurt a lot, but guess someday a rockin’ guy will notice my charm and high spirits and will desperately fall in love with me 🙂 Hope is something we mustn’t lose…ever!
Because I’m sick of so much stupidity regardind this day, but love making lists, and just because…here is a bunch of songs related to this feeling for your pleasure, they don’t mean to be the best, but I find them cool for today:
1. TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE – FUN THINGS
2. AIN’T TALKING BOUT LOVE – VAN HALEN
3. WHEN YOU DANCE I CAN REALLY LOVE – NEIL YOUNG
4. SINCE I DON’T HAVE YOU – THE SKYLINERS
5. LOOKING FOR A KISS – NEW YORK DOLLS
6. DO YOU LOVE ME (LIKE YOU SAY YOU DO) – LEE FIELDS AND THE EXPRESSIONS
7. I AND LOVE AND YOU – AVETT BROTHERS
8. OLD WHITE LINCOLN – THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM
9. LOVER, YOU SHOULD’VE COME OVER- JEFF BUCKLEY
10. LOVE UNLIMITED – FUN LOVIN’ CRIMINALS
11. ROCKET QUEEN – GUNS N’ ROSES
12. MAGIC MAN – HEART
13. I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE – THE DARKNESS
14. SUSPICIOUS MINDS – ELVIS PRESLEY
15. I STOLE YOUR LOVE – KISS
16. NEARLY LOST YOU – SCREAMING TREES
17. HURT ME – JOHNNY THUNDERS
18. STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST – PEARL JAM
19. BAD TIME – JAYHAWKS
20. HELLO, I LOVE YOU – THE DOORS
Which songs would be your soundtrack of Love?