I’m trying to overcome my disgust about cooking for myself. I can manage with anything in my fridge that is not rotten. Not used to cook for myseld, I always cook too much quantity, I have trouble with measures.
Lately, I’m invited to events and I’m cooking a lot, for pleasure, of course. I love people enjoying eating my stuff, and of course, whenever there are compliments it’s just great.
Due to my veggie condition, I’m focusing more on desserts, something everybody is up to, with complete success.
Carrot cake is very common overseas, in the States, UK…but here, whenever you talk about it, people can figure out carrot can be part of a dessert. To tell the truth I’m not a huge fan of carrots, but this dessert is delicious.
Some people have asked me for the recipe, and I’ve been thinking, why not sharing it with everyone and see the outcome?
Most important thing when you cook for others is do it happily and putting the special ingredient: LUV!
So here you go!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 300gr Carrots. The trick is boiling them so afterwards it’s easier to peel and grate.
- 150gr Brown sugar, the real one, not the Stones’
- 100gr Dried peach or apricot (orejones in Spanish)
- 150gr Flour
- 1 satchet of baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Orange
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, raw sesame
- Good music for cooking
WHAT YOU GOTTA DO
- While boiling the carrots, you can start preparing stuff you’ll need: cut the dried peach in dice and grate the orange peelings
- Once the carrots are done, peel and grind or grate them
- Whisk the eggs and then add brown sugar and the diced dried peach
- Keep on whisking and then add the orange peeling, vegetable oil and a pinch of salt
- Once you have a sort of homogeneus mixture, add the flour and baking powder sieved, plus the addings,nutmeg and cinnamon
- Keep on whisking for a new smooth mixture and then pour the carrot.
Hope you and youur closest ones enjoy it, any doubt you may have, dears, here I am!